Difference Between BOTOX & Dermal Fillers?02/16/2018
A Fairly Short & Sweet Article This Week, Continuing on the Topic of Wrinkles… Aging is a natural process, and eventually, everybody has wrinkles and lines that become more prominent over time. The following steps may help slow the process down:
- Avoiding excessive sun exposure reduces skin damage because the sun causes the skin to age faster. Hats, protective clothing, and sunscreens can protect the skin from wrinkles by reducing sunlight damage.
- Zero exposure to sunlight totally is not recommended, however, because it is a vital source of vitamin D, and vitamin D is essential for bone strength and other aspects of health. Some sunscreens can protect the skin while allowing vitamin D to be synthesized.
- Moisturizers do not prevent wrinkles, but they may help temporarily make tiny lines and creases less evident.
- Quitting smoking can prevent the accelerated aging of the skin. Even a long-term heavy smoker can slow down the process by giving up.
- Avoid alcohol because it dehydrates the body and the skin.
- Sleeping at least 7 hours a night, eating healthily and exercising regularly help to maintain overall health, and this may include skin quality, although this has not been extensively proven by research.
If you wish to discuss the best way to go about preventing wrinkles, you can book a FREE consultation with our Aesthetics Doctor Today!